Amaury Sport Organisation (hereinafter referred to as "A.S.O." or "We") knows that You value the way Your personal data is being processed and recognises the importance of protecting Your privacy. This is why, as Data Controller of Your personal data, We do everything possible to protect and respect Your privacy.
When you navigate on “La Vuelta 2019” Application, you can, if you wish to, receive notifications on your smartphone or tablet in order to follow each and every step of La Vuelta separately.
These notifications will be sent to You by One Signal, a service provider specialized in customer engagement and sending mobile notifications, according to the preferences defined by the User of the Application, that You are.
In this "Privacy Notice", We explain to You what data is being collected by One Signal, how it is processed, Your rights and how to exercise them.
I. Who is One Signal?
One Signal is the service provider that developed the solution used by the Official Application of La Vuelta, which allows You to receive the notifications you have pre-selected, when you are on the roadside, in the passage of La Vuelta, and only if you have agreed to be geolocated.
One Signal is headquartered in the United States of America (411 Borel Ave Suite 512, San Mateo, CA 94402). One Signal is governed by the Data Protection Act of the State of California.
II. Data collected by One Signal
When You agree to receive notifications regarding La Vuelta stages, One Signal collects and processes the following data from the SDK (mobile plugin) that they place on Your smartphone or tablet:
- Web pages You have visited that have implemented the SDK and information about these visits (e.g. session duration, time-stamp, referring URLs);
- What push notifications an End User has been sent;
- Information about the purchases You make in the Application's shop;
- Information about End User’s transactions and interactions with apps and websites;
- Mobile identifiers (iOS IDFAs or Android Advertising ID);
- Precise geolocation;
- The e-mail address (when requested) which One Signal may (in its discretion) hash or otherwise deidentify;
- The IP address and system configuration of your smartphone or tablet;
- Information about your smartphone or tablet: the type of terminal, the type and version of the operating system, the access provider, the internet browser used, the settings related to language, time zone and connection type.
III. Purposes of use of Your Data by One Signal
III.1 Use of Data by One Signal only
One Signal processes the data of the User of the Application that you are for the following purposes:
- Support features related to push notifications in the Application;
- Provide technical and operational support to the Application User;
- Fight against fraud or any other criminal activity;
- Resolve disputes and enforce One Signal's Intellectual Property Rights;
- Analyse the use of the Application and notifications to customize and improve the user experience;
- Make available to Users the analyses on the use of the Application;
- Improve the Application by optimizing User profiles;
- Propose services and offers according to the places most visited by the User (geolocation);
- Develop and use "predictive models" on User behaviour (areas of interest by mobile device or by crossing information from several User's mobile devices);
- Analyse the performance of targeted ads from the installation of the Application, the sites visited by the User or the ads on which the User clicks.
III.2 Sharing Your Data with Third Party Platforms by One Signal
Occasionally, One Signal may share User data with other third-party Platforms for the following purposes:
- Cross-reference data on several different mobile devices (IP addresses, hashed email addresses, web browsers used, or mobile devices used) to find a single End User;
- Create business analyses, predict trends or factors common to several users by creating algorithms or by analysing anonymous data (aggregate data) from previous data and advertising, marketing or analytical data;
- Associate Users' hashed email addresses with cookies from sites visited by the User or with the ID of the User's smartphone or tablet system in order to provide targeted advertising, personalized offers on brands or companies that may be of interest to the User.
IV. What are Your rights and How can You exercise them?
In accordance with the applicable regulations on the protection of personal data, and in particular the French Data Protection Act No. 78-17 of 6th January 1978 as amended by the French Data Protection Act No. 2018-493 of 20th of June 2018, as well as the EU Regulation No. 2016/679 (GDPR), You have the right to access, rectify, delete, limit or oppose the processing of Your data.
Given the characteristics of the notification push service offered by One Signal in the Application, You may limit or object to the processing of your data by the One Signal SDK by opting-out from the notifications you have selected.
Nevertheless, if you choose to opt-out from the notifications you will no longer allow the cycling enthusiast User that you are to follow La Vuelta 2019 with all the details and highlights of the day and, most importantly, You will not be able to be notified in time and to follow the Caravan (“Caravana de La Vuelta”).