Celebrate Spain’s National Day with La Vuelta on ROUVY
October 11 th 2022 - 12:15 [GMT + 2]
ROUVY continues to bring the greater and lesser known parts of Spain to everyone’s home around the world. This time, ROUVY presents immersive augmented routes of La Vuelta that were not a part of the virtual grand tour in September. From Oct 12th to Oct 16th, cyclists of all levels are invited to compete virtually in the Spanish regions of Jaén, Andalusia, Cáceres and Extremadura. The former MTB World Champion, Jose Hermida, will lead a group ride on Oct 13th.
With the indoor training season starting, the international community of endurance sports gets ready to spend more and more time on their trainers every day. ROUVY turns this training routine into fun fitness sessions with an added value for everyone - learning geography and discovering how beautiful the different corners of our planet look! Cycling enthusiasts of all abilities can ride and race in the exact locations as the World Tour Teams and travel the world without plane tickets. ROUVY’s 1:1 immersive augmented reality lets you ride in and explore Spain’s most beautiful places.
To love and celebrate Hispanic heritage, you don't have to be Spanish - and it's definitely a “must-visit country” on most people's bucket list. If your visit coincides with October 12th, be prepared to celebrate the National Day of Spain with passionate and friendly people. The maps of this racing weekend will teleport riders to panoramic and picturesque landscapes of hot Southern Spain. Rarely spoken about, but having their own vibe, the provinces of Jaén, Cáceres and Extremadura can showcase their cities to match the more renowned tourist spots.
- Oct 12 | Race 1 | La Vuelta 2022 | Stage 14 - Jaén
- Oct 13 | Group Ride with Jose Hermida | La Vuelta 2022 | Stage 11 - Cabo de Gata | 18:00 CET
- Oct 14 | Race 2 | La Vuelta 2022 | Stage 18 - Alto de Piornal
- Oct 15 | Race 3 | La Vuelta 2022 | Stage 18 - Plasencia
- Oct 16 | Group Ride | La Vuelta 2022 | Stage 13 - Montilla | 18:00 CET
4 different time zones (EU, Asia, Pacific and Atlantic) are available for every race day. Additionally, competitive athletes can take a shot at beating the KOMs on the virtual Strava Live Segments, a newly released unique feature of the ROUVY app. Available Segments now can be located on the route profile in the bottom of the screen during the ride as well as on the web page of the specific route.
MEET THE CHAMPION
Jose Hermida is a living Spanish legend of competitive mountain biking. Jose won the silver medal at the 2004 Olympics and has multiple gold medals under his belt for 6 World Cups and 4 EU Championships. Yet with all these accomplishments he has always been friendly, down to earth, fun and sociable.
- All entrants who finish an event will receive a special virtual La Vuelta jersey and also have the chance of winning a ROUVY subscription.
- Six 3-month ROUVY subscriptions will be given away - winners will be selected in a random draw; so every participant of any virtual race has a chance to win.
- All entrants who finish the race will have a chance of winning a real Santini La Vuelta jersey. Those who join the group ride with Jose Hermida have a chance to win a white Santini La Vuelta jersey. All winners will be selected randomly.
Cyclists wishing to participate must have a smart trainer (if you don’t have one, you can get one from the ROUVY eshop), a bike and a device with ROUVY - a phone, tablet, computer or AppleTV, connected to the Internet. A valid ROUVY account is also required and new riders are offered an additional 14-day trial to be part of the action, for free.
Registration is free of charge and OPEN HERE.