La Vuelta fans will choose their favourite high-altitude finale in 2019
March 7 th 2019 - 16:00
Cycling fans will be able to choose again their favourite high-altitude finale in #LaVuelta19. Through the campaign “The most viral high-altitude finale”, that will take place on La Vuelta’s Facebook profile, followers will be able to vote on their preferred high-altitude finale out of the eight most spectacular ones featuring in the 74th edition of the Spanish Grand Tour.
The direct elimination process will begin during the quarter finals, participants will vote in weekly surveys on which of the two high-altitude arrivals they think will provide the best cycling spectacle and, thus, which one deserves to advance into the next round. Each survey will remain open for seven days. After that period, the winner will be announced and the following week there will be another face-off between two finales so that followers can continue voting.
Two VIP access bracelets to the finale voted as the public’s favourite will be raffled among the voters. The final will commence on the 4th of June, and the winning finish-line will be announced on the 18th. La Camperona was chosen in 2018 as the favorite high-altitude finale of La Vuelta 18 by more than 6.500 votes.
- ROUND 1 | Tuesday, 13th of March: Plataforma de Gredos VS Ares del Maestrat.
- ROUND 2 | Tuesday, 26th of March: Santuario del Acebo VS Observatorio Astrofísico de Javalambre.
- ROUND 3 | Tuesday, 9th of April: Mas de la Costa VS Alto de La Cubilla. Lena
- ROUND 4 | Tuesday, 23rd of April: Cortals d’Encamp VS Los Machucos. Monumento Vaca Pasiega.
- SEMI-FINAL 1 | Tuesday, 7th of May: Winner ROUND 1 VS Winner ROUND 2
- SEMI-FINAL 2 | Tuesday, 21st of May: Winner ROUND 3 VS Winner ROUND 4.
- FINAL | Tuesday, 4th of June: Winner SEMI-FINAL 1 VS Winner SEMI-FINAL 2