TEAM JUMBO - VISMA
TEAM JUMBO - VISMA
This cycling team is a reference in the Netherlands since the mid-90’s, and is now preparing itself for its 23rd participation in La Vuelta. In fact, since the creation of Rabobank in 1996, the team has only been absent in its debut year and in 2002. Denis Menchov obtained the team’s final triumph in the 2007 edition. However, the greatest number of victories obtained corresponds to the triple World Champion, Óscar Freire. The Spanish rider was especially inspired in that same 2007 edition, winning three stages. The team’s long list of winners also includes riders such as Leon Van Bon, Max Van Heeswijk, Lars Boom, Bauke Mollema, Bert Jan Lindeman and Robert Gesink, winner at the col d’Aubisque in 2016.
Having become a popular team in 2020, following the signing of Tom Dumoulin, the Dutch riders will seek to recover from this year’s Tour de France, where Primož Roglič lost the yellow jersey in the second-last stage to his fellow countryman Tadej Pogačar. Roglič made his debut in 2019 with a triumph in La Vuelta. The rider from Trbovlje earned his favourite status and ruled the race with an iron fist since obtaining La Roja following his win in the I.T.T in Pau.
- Final victories2
- Stages victories17
- Red jerseys37
- Other races Won4
Overall victories: 2
- 2007: Denis Menchov.
- 2019: Primož Roglič
Stage victories: 17
- 1997: León Van Bon, in Valladolid; Max Van Heeswijk, in Madrid.
- 2001: Beat Zberg, in Salou.
- 2003: Michael Rasmussen, in Cauterets, France.
- 2004: Oscar Freire, in Castellón de la Plana.
- 2005: Denis Menchov, in Granada and Lloret de Mar.
- 2007: Oscar Freire, in Santiago de Compostela, Reinosa and Logroño.
- 2008: Oscar Freire, in Burgos.
- 2009: Lars Boom, in Córdoba.
- 2013: Bauke Mollema, in Burgos.
- 2015: Bert Jan Linderman, in La Alpujarra.
- 2016: Robert Gesink, at the top of the Col d'Aubisque.
- 2019: Primož Roglič, in Pau (ITT); Sepp Kuss, in Santuario del Acebo.
Leader jersey: 37 days
- 2005: Denís Menchov (9 days).
- 2007: Oscar Freire (2 days); Denís Menchov (14 days).
- 2019: Primož Roglič, (12 días).
Victories in secondary classifications: 4
- 2007: Denis Menchov (mountain and combined classification).
- 2011: Bauke Mollema (points).
- 2019: Primož Roglič (points).
36: The kilometres that make up the I.T.T stage in Pau, when Primož Roglič first wore La Roja which he continued to defend all the way to Madrid. The same number of kilometres that made up the time trial of the 20th stage of the Tour de France 2020, after which he ceded the yellow jersey to his fellow countryman Tadej Pogačar.
September 23rd 1997: Leon Van Bon gets the first victory for the team.
September 23rd 2007: 10 years after the team's debut in La Vuelta Denis Menchov wins the overall classification.
September 14th 2019: Primož Roglič earns the Dutch team’s second general classification victory during his debut.
Get exclusive information about La Vuelta